Go to navigation (press enter key)

News

Second Week of Classes

Dear Class of 2017,

Greetings. I hope by now everyone is settling into courses. The add period doesn't end until Monday, September 16, but I suspect that most of you have already decided on the courses you will be taking for the term. One piece of advice: don't wait until the last minute to find your pre-major advisor to sign drop/add forms because your advisor might not be around on Friday afternoon, or on Monday. (Remember, pre-major advisors must sign all drop/add forms, in addition to the instructors of classes you are adding.) If anyone is still having difficulty with a schedule, please do seek out your advisor for help, or call x5258 and make an appointment to see me.

The highlight (for me) of next week is fall Convocation in the chapel. Convocation is a wonderful Vassar tradition: the choir sings, the faculty march, President Hill addresses the gathered, and a faculty member (this year, Professor John McCleary) considers his own route to Vassar. You don't want to miss it, or the class picture that will be taken immediately after Convocation concludes. The festivities begin at 3:30. See you there.